Senior Gameplay Programmer
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Antimatter Games
Duties and Responsibilities
● Translate designs and requirements into clean and efficient code
● Create and iterate on features in an existing codebase, or from the genesis of a new project using effective, re-usable, effectively structured and annotated code
● Implement all technical aspects of games such as networking, animation, effects, UI, audio...
● Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features from design team
● Analyse, identify the causes of and resolve bugs that are provided by our QA team
● Serve as a technical expert and provide input and feedback as part of a team with our other programmers in discourse on how to structure systems and resolve problems;
● Communicate effectively with our design team & project leadership about the practical and technical concerns of proposed features and content, including timeframes and any relevant technical limitations.
● Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
● At least one major shipped PC/console title, with at least an intermediate gameplay programming credit
● Unreal engine gameplay programming experience
● BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
● Proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
● Strong communication skills
● Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
● Passion for first person shooters
● Experience with JIRA and/or Agile software development
We are Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, our team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
We were born from the team who made Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which released earlier this year. We have also worked on the Killing Floor games, as well as work for other major publishers.
Living in Cornwall: this position is an exciting and unique opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is relatively low – and be part of an already talented team on our way to even greater success.
Falmouth is home to our studio and has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for its vibrant, arty & creative atmosphere, with lots of events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera.
We also have good coffee!
Rate of pay will be commensurate with experience.