Reporting to Directors and Operations Manager. Salary Negotiable subject to experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build HR and company culture within a growing and busy game development studio. This position would suit someone who has started on the path of their HR career already, looking to grow within the role and have a variety of tasks, with HR and fostering company culture at the core of responsibilities. We are looking for an adaptable and diplomatic person with creative flair to do the right thing for both the employee and the business, whilst maintaining and building upon our evolving culture. Our team is international with both remote and in-house employees which creates challenges to keep everyone included and feel part of the team.
- Administer recruitment campaigns, manage communications in line with direction from hiring managers, providing end to end support and guidance through the pipeline for candidates.
- Administer on boarding of new employees, including reference checks, drafting offer letters and contracts, electronic filing of details, communicating with depts on outcomes, joining paperwork, organising inductions and information for new starters.
- Administer the employee lifecycle process; drafting all documentation and maintain accurate electronic records including reviews, promotions, changes to hours, leavers etc.
- Help build upon existing company values & grow our evolving company culture including suggesting, planning and coordinating staff socials and employee engagement activities.
- Provide support across the team, including attendance management, discipline, grievance, reviews, reorganisations etc.
- Be the HR point of contact across the team, whilst communicating any related queries or issues to Directors & Management and in a timely manner and to seek decisions at Director level on addressing.
- Contribute to the development of our HR systems, identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies etc.
- Contribute to the development of HR communications and information for employees, in a creative manner.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law but in a simplified and user friendly format personalised to the company culture, ensuring line managers are up to date with any change in policy.
- Coordinate travel & accommodation bookings for all members of the team to attend external events.
- Responsible for overall Health & Safety in a low risk environment but including risk assessments where required.
- Responsible for GDPR compliance.
- CIPD Qualified level 3 foundation (minimum)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels whilst adhering to confidentiality, discretion & culture.
- Ability to represent the HR function in relation to overall company culture & objectives.
- Flexible and adaptable, to assist with additional ad-hoc operational duties as required as we are a small but growing studio.
- You will need to gain an understanding of our culture and adapt processes to fit, fulfilling the needs of both the employee and the business.
- A creative and diplomatic problem solver, who can come up with solutions to meet the employee and business needs where required.
We are Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Penryn, Cornwall, our team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
We were born from the team who made Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which released earlier this year. We have also worked on the Killing Floor games, as well as work for other major publishers. We are currently working on our own recently announced IP; '83 The Game.
Living in Cornwall: this position is an exciting and unique opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is relatively low – and be part of an already talented team on our way to even greater success.
Falmouth & Penryn is home to our studio. Falmouth has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for its vibrant, arty & creative atmosphere, with lots of events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera.
We also have good coffee!